Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pictures from Lockhart State Park, Lockhart Texas

This is a 100 year old Tree of Jerusalem in the park.


The bridge on hole #1.  Snakes stick their heads between these slats on this bridge.

The course is a 9 hole, par 36 course with no sand and a little bit of water.  No ball looking here - snakes in the tall grass.

We are at Lockhart Texas, about 15 miles east of San Marcos Texas.  San  Marcos is about 30 miles north of San Antonio on I-35.  It is a town of about 11,000 people with a "ranch" feel to the town.  Our friends from Fr Hennepin State Park in MN are camp hosting here and they needed some more help for December so they offerred us a position and here we are.  We were coming here anyway as Denis saw on the travel channel that Lockhart is the Barbeque capital of Texas.  We've tried some of it and I think they are right.  Pictures of that to follow.

They ask us to work about 20 hours a week between Denis and I and for that we get our site with elec, water and sewer and all the golf I want.  The only bad part is no Verizon cell coverage and very poor AT & T.  So I can talk on my phone but rarely get internet.  We are sitting in the parking lot of HEB - the grocery store and I am updating this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment